|My daughter Kitty took this at 4:00 p.m. today.|
But the fog has brought us temperatures in the mid 50s. In mid-January. So really, I'm not going to complain.
As for my writing progress, it's not foggy at all. (I know -- that segue was a long reach. Work with me.) Here's what's happening:
- Tara at Love of the Goddess posted a great review of Seized today.
- This coming Friday, the 18th, my week of stops as part of the Orangeberry Big Bang begins (check the Tour Dates page for the particulars), and a couple of those spots are for reviews of Tapped (here's hoping the reviewers are kind...).
- Also on Friday, I'll once again be the guest on The Indie Exchange's Blog Talk Radio podcast. The show will be live starting at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, but if you miss it, you can use the same link to listen to it later.
- I'm in the midst of writing a series of posts for Indies Unlimited on how to do writerly-type stuff in Microsoft Word. On Friday, I tackled Styles. This coming Friday, I'll talk about how to design your own blank document template. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do something in Word. My employer has given me tons of Word training and I love to use it to help folks.
- Rursday Reads went live this week -- and amazingly enough, I managed to review a book that I'd already reviewed on Goodreads. No, really, I'm going to start making a dent in my to-be-reviewed pile this week. Really, I am. Honest.
What? Gravid? Oh yeah, it's coming. I started the first editing pass early last week. That kind of stalled when I realized I was leaving way too many loose ends to tie up in book 5. So I wrote a new chapter one night, and then yesterday morning I spent several hours shoehorning it in. I think it makes sense, but I'm going to do at least one more pass before I send it over to my editor. (How's Imbolc looking for you, Suzu?)
I also need to go through Gravid and make a list of all those loose ends, just to make sure I knit 'em all in in the final book. And (speaking of foggy), I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to handle the Big Mediation Scene that's coming up in book 5, not that I've built up any anticipation for it or anything. I'm looking forward to that about as much as Naomi is, I suspect -- but like Naomi, I'm kind of ready to just get it over with.
And here we go! Have a great week, everyone.
These moments of -- bloggy fogginess? Foggy blogginess? Anyway, whatever they are, they are brought to you, as a public service, by Lynne Cantwell.